Friday 13 July 2012

Duck, Duck, Goose

Dear Someone, 

On one of our free days last week I got to go help at a Palestinian children's day camp. It has been one of my favorite things I have done the whole time I have been here. We had groups to do singing, dancing and games. I got to play games with a whole bunch of little kids! They didn't really speak a lick of english but we still had fun chasing each other around. It is amazing how you can just love someone you can't even communicate with. 
Me and Muhammad. 

They are such beautiful little kids! 


They had drinks and treats for us after a hot hour or so playing games. 

Duck, Duck, Goose! 

I have a new friend in Israel. 

It was so much fun. So amazing to see more into the lives of Palestinians. It made me really which I spoke Arabic so that I could tell them how cute they were but someone we still had a fun time together. Each day I learn something so new. This just got me even more excited to be a teacher. 

Love, 
Mary Jane 



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are not letting your talents with kids get rusty! Fun is international!!! So is duck, duck, goose!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mares, this is so cute! I am so glad you got to spend time with the little ones. I love what you said about loving someone even though you can't communicate with them, that is totally true. I thought about that everyday in Cambodia. You look darling! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete