Wednesday 4 July 2012

Looking for Rainbows

Dear Someone, 

I have finally made it to the last day of our Jordan Trip. Although we spent half of our day in Jordan and half of our day in Israel, it has been one of my favorite days of this whole experience! We first went to a great big Roman theater. We are lucky to have such amazing singers in our group and some of them performed for us: Brother Huntsman, Annamarie, and Rachelle. They were all amazing! It was also by complete coincidence that me and Heather matched! It is was an honor to match with this girl because she always looks gorgeous! 

Twinners. Even down to the red shoes.

We got KFC on the go! This may be the cause of much illness around the center..


The BEST part of the day and of the trip, in my opinion, was going to the Jordan river. We stepped off the bus and I have never felt such intense heat in my life. It was literally like walking into a sauna while wearing a complete snow suit. You could almost cut the air with a knife it was so thick. The Jordan River is the border in between Israel and Jordan so there are armed soldiers all around who look pretty ready to shoot you if you sneeze too loud. However, it is amazing how the heat and the surrounding people all melt (good word considering the temperature) away as we began to talk about Christ's baptism. There is something so surreal about finally seeing the place that you have sung about and learned about all your life. 


We talked about the power of baptism and how we are truly able to be clean again. It reminded me of all the wonderful things I felt the day of my very own baptism, 12 years ago on a black sand beach. I am so grateful for my Savior's example to be baptized. (Mark 1:9-11)


Jordan was truly such an amazing trip. Most importantly I hope I will never forget all the strong spiritual experiences I had! Every day I love this gospel more and more! 

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain 
and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. 
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away, 
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. 

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. 
I want to be the best I can and live with God again. 


Love, 
Mary 


No comments:

Post a Comment